Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ketchup!

Well well, I never thought I'd see the day when I wanted to blog. I guess its just getting old and bein a housewife that put it into me ;) I am fairly new to the whole blogging thing, I tried a few years ago, but I sucked at it and gave up lol. So if you fellow bloggers have any tips, send em my way :) I've been tryin to decide what to blog about for the first time and I think I'll just catch everyone up on my life as of the past couple years.

In 2008 I filed for divorce from my ex, Sam and started over. It just was not a good relationship, even though I tried my guts out. He had and still has a real issue keeping a job and staying off of drugs, so needless to say only one of us was trying and it wasn't him. I wanted a better life for me and my boys and so we moved back to AF to be close to my family and started over. I have honestly never looked back or regretted my decision once, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Things started turnin around and lookin up, I was finally happy again! In Jauary of 2009 I was introduced to Colt Campbell by my little sister Lynae and her then boyfriend Chad, who is Colts stepbrother-via text message on New Years Eve. Colt and I began talking and hung out for the first time on New Years Day night. He had came down from Ogden (where he was living and working at the time) to visit his family and found some time to come over to my place. I was so stinkin nervous to meet him, my house was a mess and I didn't know what to wear or how I should do my make up and hair. I was a mess and I actually stalled him for 45 minutes until I had came out of my panic haha. As soon as he got there and I opened my door and saw him, I knew with all my heart that he would always be a part of my life, whether that be a friend or other (we had made it very clear to eachother we weren't looking for a relationship and that we just wanted someone cool to hang out with haha). We sat and just talked, honestly, all night long, until he had to go home, sometime around 1am. I remember when he left I was so giddy, I felt like I was in Jr. High again. We continued to talk and he came down and took me to a movie that following weekend. We went and saw Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans, it was our first movie together and I still have the ticket stub (I keep ALL of the stubs we've gotten, I'm seriously not missing one) and since then we've been inseperable. He would come down every other weekend when I had my boys (at the time they were still able to see my ex) and then I would go stay at his place in Ogden when my boys were with my ex. It soon got to be too much to be away from each other for too long and I finally asked him to move in with me in April, it seemed fast but I knew it was right. Since then we've had our ups and downs but nothing we couldn't work through and in the end the hard times made us so much stronger. Things could not be better for us right now, we are so madly in love still and we are expecting our first baby together-due October 2nd :) My boys have improved so much since having Colt around. He never once acted scared or like he didn't like the idea I had kids, he didn't mind at all. He has became the best father to Chancellor Ayden, they call him dad and everything. My ex lost custody back in August, the state and DCFS took it away from him, which was best. The boys have flourished since hes been gone, Colt is their daddy and will always be. We are going to have Colt adopt the boys and they will take his last name when we get married. I cannot wait for that day!! I love love love love love my Coltie, hes the greatest and been such a blessing in our lives, he makes my world go round. I wouldn't trade him for the world! I honestly love him more than I can put into words!

So now everything is going extremely well for this crazy little family. Chance and Ayd are getting so big and thinkin they know everything lol. Ayden is actually working on potty training right now so lets hope that keeps going well! So far only one accident! Chance is my little helper, he loves helping me out and takin care of me, especially when I'm sick. I have the sweetest boys in the world. My little family couldn't be more perfect. We have crazy times and sometimes I wanna rip all my hair out, but I wouldn't change anything that I have learned or gotten in these past few years. I love my jaded little fairytale, its the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment