Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekend adventures :)

I love the weekends that we actually do something other than our normal routine. It gets too easy when you're in a cycle that works with the kids and life to kinda just stick to that and not go outside of it at all. And don't get me wrong I do love our little family cycle, its juts nice to have a little change once in a while, I think its essential.
We had a pretty fun weekend around here this weekend! Friday we went over to my moms and hung out there with her and Addie (my little sister) we love going and playin over there! The boys absolutely adore my mom and Addie and it makes them so happy to go and play. While the boys are there, Colt and I don't exist. They want nothin to do with us, and then proceeds to tattle on me to my mom. Funny little stinkers! Chance told my mom that I am "A bossy mom" and that I made him go to his room because he "didn't even do anything"; Ayden told her that I "broke his heart" for getting after him after he pretty much tried to football tackle me from behind while I was at the top of my stairs lol. Yep, I am such a mean mommy, that's for sure, poor kids ;) haha I love those tattle tails.

Saturday was pretty laid back, which was nice. We just hung out for a while around the house and then we went to Wal-Mart to pick out some new movies for the weekend. Normally the boys have great taste in movies and usually get the classics like the Batman movies and Jurassic park, but instead this time they got Super Mario Brothers-the TV show from like 1989 and the cartoon Transformers. Yay lol! We got the kids happy meals from McDonalds (they were stoked for their dragon toys) and Colt and I got Texas Road House take out. . . Mmmmmmmm de-freakng-licious!!! It was a lot of fun to just come home and watch the movies with the kids and eat our take out, the kids loved it! Sunday the boys went to church at 10, they go every weekend usually with grandma Clare. They really love it and are making friends in the ward, Chancellor even volunteers! So Colt and I went out to breakfast at IHOP and ended up running into my grandparents there and we ended up chatting and eatin with them. I laughed as we were leaving and told Colt "Haha we do the same things that my grandparents do, we're like an old married couple!" SOOOOOOO true though lol. We went to Wal Mart before pickin the kids up at church and Colt got the Wii game hes been wanting for months now-Super Mario 2. He has since pretty much played non-stop and even thrown a few cute tantrums :) haha, but hes happy about it. (And he makes fun of me for having a slight Facebook addiction and a blog. Psh!)



















Then we ended our super fun weekend with a date just Colt and I on Monday. We went and saw Date Night and laughed our butts off and then laughed harder because we totally relate to how it is to be an old married couple with kids. We're realizing how old we are a lot more lately ;) We even managed to run into my grandma Phyllis (same grandma from IHOP) and my great aunt Lolly at the movie theater. . .again lol! After the movie we went to Applebees and had some dinner before picking the kids up from my moms (they tattled again haha). It was a great night. I love going on dates with Colt, hes my favorite!! I love that after all this time together I am still so madly in love with him and we still love to date each other whenever we are able too!

I am just so stinkin happy with how everything has been going! I'm the happiest I have been in years and years. My kids are the happiest they've ever been and things are going great and are just going to keep getting better. Oh yah, I am now 15 weeks pregnant (as of Friday) so hopefully we'll get to find out if Gummy is a boy or a girl within the next week and a half!!! So excited for that, I cannot wait!! Any who I think this has almost crossed the line into a novel so I will stop now before I bore ya anymore lol! STAY CLASSY SAN DIEGO AND THANKS FOR STOPPING BY ;)

2 comments:

  1. i love their cute little nerdy church outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know aren't they so stinkin funny? Its a good thing they look cute in them cuz it kinda hides the evil ;) lol

    ReplyDelete