Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sweet Emotion



I was looking through some pictures today of my little sister, Addie, that her and her friend Heather had taken. Some of them were inside of Addies dads house and then there were some outside on her dads property and her grandparents property(and they are absolutely gorgeous); for those of you who don't know my crazy family situation let me just fill you in. My mom married Cal Wimmer when I was 3 years old and during that marriage Addie was born (I was 7) and then my mom and Cal divorced when I was 12, so I spent most of my childhood in that home. The ones of Addie inside didn't have a strong of an impact on me, because the house has been totally remodeled so its not like it was when I lived there. So I enjoyed lookin at her bein silly but they didn't hit me like the ones that were taken outside did. I first noticed they were on the property when I saw that she was standing on a board that is over the ditch in the back yard, and all of a sudden it felt like I got hit in the stomach but it was happy.
I love that property and all the fun memories that I have there. I didn't realize the impact it had on me until today. I mean I think about the fun things I did growing up, but it was nothing like this. It was like every fun time I had with my friends and family outside just flooded back to me in like living color! I could almost smell the dirt from the garden and the dirt hill and all the trees and the grass. It was so strange to me to have that happen cuz nothing has ever hit me like that. Thanks pregnancy. I loved looking at them and remember all the silly games we had and everything we learned growing up by playin our hearts out all day. It seems like things are so much more complicated now, not just as an adult but being a kid nowadays is kinda crazy! I wish it were still as safe as it was when I was growing up. We would play on that huge property all day long-from sun up til sun down. Nowadays there is no where for kids to have those kind of adventures, at least it doesn't seem like it. I miss those days and I hope that my kids can have just as wonderful times as we did growing up! Childhood is so simple and pure and beautiful and I am so glad that today I was reminded of the beauty of it all. I think I needed that :) PS don't I have the most gorgeous little sister!?

No comments:

Post a Comment